Australia for ASEAN scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of leaders from ASEAN member states.
By undertaking a Master’s degree, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia. Each ASEAN member state will receive 10 Australia for ASEAN Scholarships.
Australia for ASEAN scholars will also participate in an Indo-Pacific Emerging Leaders Program, which will provide a range of learning, networking and professional development opportunities.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and their potential to impact on one of the four priority areas in the ASEAN Outlook for the Indo-Pacific: maritime, connectivity, economic development, and the sustainable development goals 2030.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability and marginalised groups.
Applications for commencement in 2023 will open on 1 February 2022 and close on 29 April 2022.
Australia for ASEAN scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component
- a place in the Indo-Pacific Emerging Leaders Program.
How to apply
Applications must be lodged online through the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) by 11.59PM AEST on 29 April 2022. You will need to register and establish your eligibility before submitting your application. Applications and/or supporting documents received after the closing date will not be considered.
Australia for ASEAN scholarship applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
Applicants must also meet country-specific conditions and provide relevant documentation to support their application.
Applications will be shortlisted after eligibility checking and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process will include an interview.
Applicants will be assessed on:
- academic competence
- potential outcome, specifically advancing the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific
- professional and personal leadership attributes including relevant work experience.
Successful candidates will be notified in late 2022. Travel will be subject to meeting the requirements imposed by the Australian Government, as determined by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and must meet the requirements imposed by state and territory governments.
The candidates will be required to attend:
- course counselling
- pre-departure briefing
- university’s Introductory Academic Program
- other required preparatory study on arrival in Australia.
For enquiries relating to the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is also available in the following documents:
- Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand – Applying for an Australia for ASEAN scholarship [DOCX 375 KB]
- Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand – Applying for an Australia for ASEAN scholarship [PDF 485 KB]
- Australian Catholic University Scholarships For International Student
- Victorian Postgraduate Mental Health Nurse Scholarships ($3000)
- Pathway to Victoria Scholarship 2022/2023 – Australia
- List of University Scholarship Portals For international Students, Australia
- University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)